Thursday, July 30, 2009

Looks

As we get older we have to worry about all our living coming back to haunt us. There are old calories that are still hanging around. The only thing to be done is exercise and get rid of them.

For our skin we need to apply creams and lotions to keep us looking nice. The more important thing is who we are and not what we look like. We are all going to get older and lose our looks. We are all going to get wrinkles of course, some use injections to hide from this fact. Recently I had a shock to my system by finding out how bad things were getting.

Now that I’m getting older it’s a cold hard fact that I have to deal with. It’s not easy and I guess I have been averting my eyes to the bad bits. In the last few years I have been taking Pilate classes and belly dancing, I really need to keep this up. It will not get any better by watching TV.

My book has not sold yet and I need to work on that and I need to get some fresh ink into another publication. I need to finish some projects and stop watching so many movies. The great thing about being a writer, I don’t have to be a model.

It can be easy to help others feel good about their looks. We love our friends and find the good qualities in them. Others won’t be so kind. If in a photo there is a heavy girl, will people say she is looks like she is a good friend? Or will they just reject her based on her size? In this age of image, what do you do if you don’t fit the ideal? Hide and eat some doughnuts? Please don’t do that. Work on your personality instead; you can always make them laugh.

While I know I will never be a model, not as short as I am. The idea of being at a smaller size and being healthier is a goal I have. In the coming years it will be to my advantage to be lighter. It’s always better to be fit than over weight.

The things I can be happy about right now: I have been keeping up my exercise. In the last year I have been performing at a coffeehouse in Long Beach. Come what may, I am a good dancer. Even though I am getting older I still get carded, thanks guys. ;-)

One last thing that helps, having friends who love you just the way you are!

No comments: