Friday, July 17, 2009

Weight

I haven’t lost the amount I wanted to by the time I got to July of this year. Not that I am discouraged at all.

There are more important things that just a number, in the last month I have made a lot of changes to my diet and I feeling much better. There has been an increase in energy and I am sleeping better. The next day I feel rested and better able to deal with whatever comes my way.

My clothes are fitting so much better and even during difficult times during the month I am not in such a bad mood. I have been even smiling and having fun all month long. I know that it’s called junk food for a reason, and I know that I feel so much better without it. My fresh eggs are so much of a reward after all my hard work keeping up with the chickens and they are not full of chemicals.

In the last month I have been eating mostly homemade sandwiches and salads at lunch. I have replaced chips and fries with nuts and some yogurt. We had some pancakes, but whole grain and fresh blue berries. I don’t miss having junk food and I eat smaller more frequent meals and snacks. That way I don’t over indulge when I do eat.

Still dancing and doing my Pilates classes has been helpful as well. Sometimes I get too hungry to stay for Pilates. I am making an effort to eat when I am hungry and not waiting for too long. Potatoes and other starches have been my downfall. There is a bit of pasta in my cupboards but I haven’t used it in a while. More complex carbs help me to feel fuller for a longer time. There is a lot of squaw bread around my house these days.

There are some classes that my doctor recommended I take; they are too expensive for me right now. A little planning and I can go to the classes soon. In the mean time I have been making sure to keep sweets to a minim and keep eating fruits and nuts instead.

There is a lot of help in this matter on the web, which has been such a help. There is no need to keep ourselves in the dark when there is so much information available. While I still have a goal that I am working towards, it’s not the only thing that matters. Feeling better and taking care of myself is its’ own reward. I have more energy to do the things I love. Such as dancing, surfing and playing with my dogs.

1 comment:

JenniiDD said...

"'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine" Lets all keep dancing!