Thursday, August 13, 2009

XGames

It’s been over a week since they ended, I know. This was the only time I was able to go in person. A friend got extra tickets so it was a nice treat.

In these blogs I mentioned that I do a lot of guy things, this is one. Out of our group of 7 I was the only girl. Even the other wives and girlfriends stayed home. Not that I minded, I wanted to see the skate boarding and all. It’s great to hang with all guys; they don’t expect you to talk. When I do I make sure to give them the request verbal jab. They like it and it’s a good gauge to see if they are too touchy. You should be able to call them a loser.

The racing we saw was great and I got to see Travis P. get stuck and not be able to get out. He had to walk down and at the end of the race. I am sure this has been replayed on FuelTV a ton since then.

The good thing about being a girl, I was able to run into the Monster Energy drink models in the bathroom. They were nice and let me take their photo, which I then sent on my phone to my other guy friends not at the event. They all enjoyed it and were jealous, exactly what I wanted.

There were tons of free posters and stickers and other goodies to be given away. The Fuel TV booth gave away gifts for recycling. You were to get points for bringing things to recycle, good for you Fuel!

In all it was a great time. I wished I had been there for the freestyle motor cross. I love that they took some tricks they used to do at the end of a race and made it into its own event. I guess what I enjoy the most about this is the shear creativity and endless arrangements of the same movements to come up with something new. To all the boys who entertain us, my hats are off to you!

No comments: