Friday, July 24, 2009

Keep Dancing

There have been so many different game shows. Recently there is a dance show that is aimed at losing weight. I feel it is a positive way to keep people moving. Sure, there is prise money, but they have to eat well and lose weight to keep in the game.

Isn't that really the way it is? We all have to keep active and keep going. Times are hard and this year has been the worst in a long time. In the 90's it was bad as well and I can remember when homes were 90K and I still didn't have the money to buy anything.

The same thing has been happening now. There are three empty homes on my street that are repos. There are some great homes in the hills near me that are for sale as well. The thing is of course, no one is buying them. In the mean time we have been trying to keep our own place. Things we have done to cut back, like getting the chickens are paying off. They are laying regularly and the eggs are great!

The shop I work at has hit hard times and we all have to pull together and make this thing work. I have also been working hard on getting my friends to read the first chapter of my book and comment on it. That is still on going and the results will be posted as they come in.

A few years ago at a Writer's Conference the Key Note speaker said something that still rings in my ears. "Don't give up five minutes before the miracle happens". I really do want my book to be a success and I don't want to give up. So for what its' worth...I have to keep on dancing.

No comments: