Friday, March 5, 2010

Helping

It seems we are all so stressed out these days, how can we help one another? It's as if we can only think about ourselves. Sure there are phone numbers to call and donate money to relief efforts and that feels good.

What do people really need? Comfort, and food. Can we just get together with friends and share a meal? We were able to do that this last week and it was nice. Instead of just watching TV we took time to visit with our friends. We played a long game of Uno and share in cooking dinner. It was really nice.

This Sunday is my annual Oscar Party. I usually have my girl friends over and we watch the show, drink Champagne and share some food. It has been hard this time getting my girls together, we are all so busy. I keep telling them, "yes we are busy and stressed. So let's just get together and forget it for a while." They understand.

Today I will be doing my recycling and using the money to get my nails done for the weekend. Why Not? A little luxury goes a long way. We may not have much these days, but we can still share a simple meal and some time with each other. Yes, my Oscar party will be more simple than in past years, but I will still have bubbly. Anyone that really knows me knows not to call me on Oscar Sunday,(unless it's for directions to my house) the girls anti-supper bowl party!

No comments: