Friday, March 19, 2010

Time

One of the things people worry about in modern times, is time. Time to do the laundry, time to exercise, time to get to the bank.

When you find yourself with a lot of time, such as being unemployed what do you do with your time? In the last month I have finished up taxes and cleaned my house. There are items I have sold on ebay and I have been taking long walks with my dogs. Not to say there hasn't been any waste of time. I have also looked up lots of old music videos and watched them on You Tube.

The other thing I am doing with my time is going to the Doctor. There are some health concerns I feel I should address. Why not? I have the time. Next on my agenda is to get my teeth cleaned and maybe whitened. While that may not be possible for some who have lost all benefits there are still positive things you can do. Cleaning the house and cooking for that special person in your life. There have been new dishes cooked up lately in my house.

Of course the most important thing is to look for a new job. Not just read the adds,make sure to fill out applications, send in resumes. There is nothing like just getting out with your cards, or resumes in hand and walking to the businesses you want to apply for and hand those things out. It makes you feel better to advertise for yourself, "Here I am and this is what I can do." Make sure you have a smile on your face and you reminded yourself of all the good things you are capable of doing. It may be good to write it down just before you head out, 'Things I like about me today' and list your good points. If you have the time to whine about what you should be doing, then use that time to do the things you need to do.

If all your worries are preventing you from moving forward, then get out and do something that will cheer you up. Why not go for a drive to the beach or a local park? What else makes you happy? A trip to the Museum? Its called a depression because that's how it makes you feel. Why not do something that feeds your soul? You know you have the time.

No comments: