Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pets

This week was the annual Westminster Kennel Club show, and if you don't already know, 'Sadie' the Scottish Terrier won Best in Show.

Seeing as Scotties are my signature dog, all of my friends pretty much knew I was going to be impossible to live with this week. One didn't even bother with the normal, "How are you doing?" text message but simple began with "Yeah OK a Scottie Won at Westminster...."

Now by signature dog, I mean that own Scotties and am very loyal to the breed. When I got to the Great Western Terrier Show in Long Beach in the summer, I only visit the Scottie ring and watch the Scotties. I have lots of purses shaped like Scotties, and when I don't wear something showing the breed to that show, I get scolded by the vendors that know me.

Yes we all have our favorites and we all can go on and on about the virtues of said breed. One thing is for sure, there are enough good dog qualities out there to suit every one. That's one of the great things in life, if you love cats, there are tons of cats to love. There are birds, fish and hamsters whatever your fancy. As with most projects please take the time to learn the most you can about whatever animal you want for a pet. In the show time and again they would mention the strong personalities of the dogs and just say it, "This is not for the 1st time dog owner."

Since a lot of people have lost their homes, shelters have been flooded with purebred dogs, which you can adopt, already spayed or neutered. There are breed rescues if you just have to have a certain dog.

Go ahead and hug your pet and maybe find one at the shelter that needs a good home. You never know that you might find the best friend you need.

No comments: