Friday, February 5, 2010

Courage

When you are younger and you see your parents with money problems some times it doesn't make sense. You feel as if they should always have a handle on things, they are the adults after all. Maybe its the parents on TV that give us that idea. The Brady bunch and other TV families never seemed to have issues with money, so why should mine?

Now that I have lived a while and have seen and felt the ups and downs of the economy I can understand the sleepless nights my mother must have had. Of course she didn't help, by spending like she did and she counted on my fathers child support money that rarely was seen. With what I have been through in the last year, I am so grateful I don't have to worry about children and their needs as well.

It may seem when we are young that this is what adults have to go through and it should be easy for them. Now I see that it is really complicated stuff and it takes a lot of courage to face up to these challenges.

We have to keep being resourceful and look at the example our grandparents gave us. they lived through the last depression. While that one lasted years, I can only hope this one doesn't. If it does I still have my chickens and fresh eggs.

On thing that has helped is cooking at home and trying new recipes. I tried on this week and just cooking it up made me happy. We still have a long way to go to be back where we were a few years ago and there is still some after affects of last year lingering. The only thing to do is to solider on and keep going, yes it takes courage to keep it up. In the end, it is worth it, we learn we can take more hardship than we ever knew. With our friends to help us we can make it.

No comments: