Friday, February 12, 2010

Out side the Box

I have been to so many seminars on writing and writers conferences, one thing I have learned is to keep your options open. Do not just think about one form of expression of avenue so much that you don't leave room to think of another. On woman that spoke to a writers group talked about how she never thought she would be in TV, but it came up and she went for it.

These days we all need to grasp at every opportunity. You can not stop networking and making connections. You really never know what will come up if you just open your mouth. A week ago I meet some one, via a friend that could help with the sale of some items we have laying around. I would have never know if I didn't ask the right questions and get to know the person across the table from me.

Its been said, 'Its not what you know, its who you know' and it is so true. I have been networking on my own for the last few years and it is really helped. In the last week I have opened myself to a new opportunity I would have never thought of in the last year. Sure jobs are scarce these days, so go out and make one for yourself. Find a need that people have and fill that need. Do people need you to run their cat to the Vet while they are at work? Will they pay you for that?

Can you do some shopping for some one, or can you cook a meal for a busy mom? Will she pay you for that? The needs are there, can you go out and think, yes, outside the box?

No comments: