Friday, November 27, 2009

Love Boat

After all this time with my man, we finally went on a cruise ship. Since neither one of us had ever done this, we opted for a short 3 day cruise, just to get our 'feet wet'.

As it was it went well. I have to say I did think of the music to the love boat as I boarded the ship. I wanted to call the captain "Cap tin Steuben" but he was from Europe, I don't know if he would get the reference.

With all I have heard over the years, the buffets are just buffets. Its not that spectacular. I suppose if you are not used to really nice meals it would knock your socks off. It did not bowl me over. It was fine, but not the best I have ever had, and some people were very rude in the lines, that got old fast.
The prices for the tickets were nice and cheep, so this cruise with with us bargain hunters. The prices for a massage were overpriced. For the same amount I could get one massage a week at my normal place here in Fullerton and have tip money left over.

There was also vastly over priced art work, that wasn't very good. We visited the auction since they served free champagne. In these ruff times the free things win! A little over an hour later and we had high- tea in an other part of the ship.

The good things, there was a part of the ship were no kids were allowed. There was Jacuzzis and chaise lounges and it was the quite spot. Apart from the rooms. The food in the formal dinning area was better and it was nice to have some one else bring you, your food. The formal night had some real scary fashion choices. It was fun to watch. The musical review was also fun to watch, maybe not in the way it was intended.

Would I go again? I'm not sure, I realy got tired of the buffets quickly and the decor was gawdy, like a brothel. Not like the love boat at all.

No comments: