Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Giving

A lot of people wait for holidays and birthdays to give gifts. In my life I have tired to find other times to give gifts.

I really hate the thought of forced giving. It is so much more fun to surprise people with a gift for no reason. I have given my dance teachers gifts, and it is so much fun. Tonight I will see a friend and give them a gift as well. Why not?

If we look for opportunity's to give we get so much more in return. The look on their faces and thanks. Its so much better than at expected times.

Having said that, since its been such a difficult year, its harder to find the money to give gifts. Should people really expect much this year? No, they shouldn't. The thing is the precedent is that they will get something. So forced giving makes people greedy and they won't settle for less.

Be grateful for whatever you get, no matter how little or how much! Be grateful for other things as well, not just the price tag on the item.

No comments: