Thursday, November 20, 2008

Icon

Over the last few weeks I have had an opportunity to see some Icons both Pop and Dance Icons.

The first was a Pop Icon and her performance with other Pop stars. It was something and I enjoyed seeing all. What is it about these larger than life persons that keep us coming back? Just to see what they do next, there is something to be said about their hard work and shows that is entertaining and fascinating. Why not go and see them?

It’s been said that it is hard to have this larger than life people in our vicinity. That it can be difficult for others, making them feel bad. As if they could never do these things or reach the heights of success, which should not be. It should be an inspiration not a discouragement. It doesn’t mean you have to be exactly like them. Could it push you to do more, and keep going? Why not think of it in those terms?

I can’t see being so in awe of someone that it would make me discouraged. I have gone up and talked to some of these ones and I always treat them as a person. They still have to dress themselves and they get up and toast their bagels like everyone else. I can’t think of their act as what they are like in real life. It’s an act, a show that’s the point.

Maybe I am just too realistic and logical for the one’s that cowers at the feet of Icons. They didn’t get there without a lot of hard work and sweat and paying their does. There is the rare person that becomes famous almost overnight. The trouble with that is they forever have to work hard to earn it. The ones that rise slowly are able to savor the success when it comes to them, not at once but at last.

I still look up to Icons. If they can do it and are mortals like the rest of us then yes there is hope. What does it take? From all the interviews I have read hard work, hard work and more hard work. Oh and meeting the right people, so no staying at home all the time. Time to roll up your sleeves and get going.

No comments: