Thursday, November 13, 2008

Out

In my weekly plans I usually stay home and cook and watch TV. I watch a lot of movies from old black and white films to cartoon movies. Of course that can get dull and we all need to get out in the evenings and go to a concert or have a nice meal out.

Last night I was treated dinner and a show at Dar Maghreb in LA. I have never understood that some people don’t like to drive far for dinner. Some don’t like to leave Orange County and drive in to LA at all. Driving is one of the pleasures in life. In the last few weeks I have been up to LA a few times.

Sometimes for writer’s events and like last night to support my belly dance teacher and see her perform in a showcase that will be ending soon. And from my experience last night it will be a loss. The food and service was really top notch and the honey lamb alone was worth the drive. The other event was a concert and it was worth the drive as well. I can’t say it was the best concert I have been to but it was something to see, very much the Pop Icon event.

I know I like to travel and not everyone does, but with all there is to see and do around here in Southern California it’s a crime not to go out and see some of it every once in a while. Of course if you can’t afford it that yes you have to stay in, it’s worth saving up and going out to see a show after a while and since you’ve been good and saved, it makes it that much better when you do get to go out.

For me the besides the dancing and the food, there was the sight of the full moon over the city. Driving by down town LA and seeing the skyline with all the lights on the buildings was great to see, it’s so pretty at night. It was a great night to be out.

No comments: