Saturday, December 29, 2007

Waiting

It is always hard to wait for things. Be it plans to come together or changes to be made or goals to be met.

It seems that sometimes in an attempt to take action we are in fact pushing ahead and it doesn’t work. I wanted things to get done and was tired of waiting and thought I was being proactive by taking in a seminar for my writing and taking action to get things done for my notary commission.

In both instances, which happened in one week by the way, all my plans blew up in my face and I was asked to get back to work. Which was fine, it just wasn’t the time for me to be looking after my career and it was meant for me to be helping out in another avenue.

I have been waiting for things to get done so I can progress in my writing and it has been killing me. So I have to take yet another deep breath and remind myself that I have to wait some more, I have to be patent. I don’t like it, but pushing ahead didn’t get my anywhere.

It is never easy to have to wait, and no one wants to feel like they are not doing anything positive to make progress. It leaves you feeling as though your life is just wasting away and you will never achieve anything. It may sound a bit melodramatic but that is how it seems sometimes.

So to get through this time, I have been working on my writing and doing what I can around the shop to be a helpful and as productive as I can. No matter what, there is always cleaning to be done. That helps me a lot. I don't like feeling totally useless.

Will all this waiting and being patent pay off in the end? I will get back to you on that one. It has happened in the past so that’s the only thing I have to go on. So here I am………..still waiting.

1 comment:

JenniiDD said...

I have a huge respect for writers and realise that this is not an area that I find easy. I doubt that I would have the patience in front of a blank sheet of paper to become a writer.
Jenny Agutter