Friday, December 14, 2007

Favorite Things

Is it just needle-point wisdom and lyrics from Rogers and Hammerstein musicals that tell us to surround ourselves with our favorite things? Possibly, but there is some thing to be said for having items around than bring a smile to our faces.

For me it’s my board, or more to the point the monument I take it from the garage and walk it over to the car and start to strap it to the rack. Just another ritual that takes me from the everyday to a relaxing place, and normally I turn up my radio as I head out. Just to complete the effect.

Another favorite thing is the little teapot for one; it is made of bone china, that I keep in my desk drawer at the office. I bought it in Scotland last summer with my good friends Maddy and Andy and their daughter Morvin. I only drink one cup off coffee in the morning to get going and the rest of the day I drink herbal teas. So the teapot and tea I drink helps me to calm down and focus on my work. I sometimes think about the good times I had in Scotland.

I do love my car and my scooter. I like my 2001 VW beetle the color makes me happy, its periwinkle blue. My Vespa GTR ‘73, represents years of longing. I had wanted one since if first saw them at age 13. The fact that I finally have one is great. I used to drive it to work everyday. These days I need my car more, no big both are fun to drive.

I like the laptop I am working on right now. It’s a Mac, Blue and white clamshell. I don’t know all the specs, so don’t ask. It’s about the color combo of blue and white. One of my favorites, I could paint everything various shades of blue and white. I suppose it’s like water and sand, I do know that it calms me down.

I also love blue Hydrangeas and pink and red tulips. I like to bring flowers into the office, like lilies of the valley. Then there is my pink new Ipod, another girly thing. One more favorite thing, is sipping beer on a hot summer night at the Beer Garden in down town Fullerton with my friends. I don’t get to go all the time, but when I do I make the most of it. Ahh, I can just about taste the beer on the tip of my tongue.


It may not be raindrops on roses, but here are just a few of my favorite things.

1 comment:

JenniiDD said...

Now I have that song stuck in my mind! "when the dog bites, when the bee stings..."
I'm going to be humming that all day at work. I can taste the beer too : )