Thursday, January 3, 2008

Finally

Some things I have been waiting for are finally happening. I have been waiting for my website to be finish and it has happened. I have been waiting for some recognition for the all the hard work I do and that is happening and I have been waiting to see some more results from my work out routine and that is finally happening.

Without some kudos and some pats on the back how do we find the courage to keep doing what we do? For some their motivation is money and as long as they get their paycheck that is reward enough to keep them going.

When we are creating and writing some times there is not a paycheck waiting for us for many months. For me it has been years. So what has been my motivation?

I know this is going to sound silly to some and a bit melodramatic but when all is said and done my motivation has been love. Love for the written word, love for my book project and wanting to see it get published. It has been a bit like watching a child growing up, only with out late night feedings and teething cries. I did stay up many nights working on my book, so maybe not that different.

Love for my friend has helped me work tirelessly to see them succeed. Since it makes me happy to see that businesses grow and do well, and it makes them happy as well. Love for my home motivates me to keep it clean and keep my puppies happy and healthy.

When it comes to the ones I love I will work my fingers to the bone to help them. As long as it is appreciated, the moment it is not then that generosity can go away pretty fast. As for my mother and sister, they have trampled on my good will and so no longer get so much as a phone call.

In my life I have seen that love goes a lot further than any monetary reward. When that love is reciprocated than it can keep you going for months and you can keep waiting for things to work out, finally.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree Waiting is never easy. Keep up the good work.