Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chores

It never seems like fun to get your chores done. The weekends are supposed to be made for fun.

The thing is, when people work 8-5 on the weekdays the only days to wash the car and paint the house is the weekends. This last weekend was boring and while we got a lot done, sure I would have loved to be window shopping or watching a film in the cool of the cinema.

That is the hard thing about being a grown up. When to stop having fun and get serious about a project at home. That is because we can't always be selfish and just play all the time. We have to let our women go off for a while and do things and we have to let our men take time and work on something for a while.

Its not fun to see my man work on the spa all weekend and hear the nail gun go off. Once its done it will mean I can go back into the spa again and relax. In the mean time its noise and boredom for me. If I don't find a good book to read and leave him alone, it will never get done. Thank goodness for my Ipod and three new novels. I can't help him too much and the heat makes me sick. I have my chores done and I can read to my hearts content.

No comments: