Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mid week

One of the nice things about being unemployed is the time to do things in the mid week with out others around you.

I love going to the movie house on a Monday when they first open and there are not any screaming kids to deal with. You can really enjoy the film that way.

Yesterday, which was a Wednesday I went to Santa Ana to see Laurie Lipton's exhibit at the Grand Central Station Gallery. Having seen the write up about it on OC Weekly, it seemed like fun. It was and there is something so soothing about looking at art, away. Then I went to my fave Mexican restaurant to top it off. She has more patience than I even have to do all those details in pencil and charcoal. Perfect afternoon!

Next week I plan to go to the Bowers museum and see the "Secrets of the Silk Road" installation. Again another treat when not that many are around. The last time I was there was for the Terracotta Warriors exhibit, which was fabulous. I may take a trip to the Getty Center. I feel like I owe it to myself to make the most of this time that is been given to me. Ok not given, just no one is hiring right now. Might as well talk in some culture since its there. Especially Mid week.

No comments: