Friday, May 14, 2010

Fear

It has been said "we have nothing to Fear but Fear itself" True, in a way. The fear of success or of failure can cripple people.

Fear can paralyze and make people give into inaction. I have a friend that was trapped in her mothers home, now she is married and making herself the same prison. She is so used to being home she just stays there. While it was horrid to be at home with her tyrant mother, she is so used to hiding from the world. Now its her comfort zone. It know she is depressed from all those years of being stuck at home, and I hope she can one day get out and live her life for herself, and her husband.

We all have some kind of fear, some of crowds. What ever it is, we need help of our friends. Some of course may need more help than that, I'm not here to point fingers or give medical advice.

We can all use a hand every once in a while. If we tell our loved ones what is scaring us and if they will help. If they do not, we need to keep looking. Even when some one is doing well, that can be hard as well. Be there for your loved ones when they need some one to talk to. Other wise what good are you. For my friend mentioned earlier, I will have her to dinner and later do a heart to heart with her.

I go to my friends when I am going to do something new and I am scared to take the leap. Usually it takes some kind words and encouragement to get me going. Then I can put aside the fear for the joys of powering through and finding out I can do this after all.

No comments: