Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sunday Girl

Mary had never experienced anything like this before. She sat in the coffee shop and drank her coffee read the paper….then just pretending to read the paper she played the events over again in her head. She brushed her blond hair a side and looked down at the freshly painted toes.

The bachelor pads she had been to before had taught her a few things. One, there will never be any toilet paper, two no matter how much the men drank there would never be any beer. Lastly, no matter how much the men liked to eat and could consume there is never any chips or food of any kind handy. The only thing you find on a Sunday morning at a bachelor pad was empty beer bottles and full cigarette trays.

All that she could deal with, she wasn’t surprised. She took another sip of her coffee.

“You want a fill up?” The waitress asked as she came around. She had on her work poly uniform and nurses shoes.

“Please.” and she pushed her coffee cup towards the middle of the table so the waitress could pour easier. Her phone cell phone rang. She was happy to see it was her girlfriend Terra on the other end.

“Hey, so how did it go?” Terra asked.

“I have no idea.” Mary played with the sugar that had spilled next to her coffee cup.

“What do you mean? What happened?” Terra said.

“Okay, Trent asked me to come over after surfing and I thought that was great and all. I even brought some groceries, some toilet paper, and some wine.”

“You brought over some food? Why did you do that?”

“I was hungry and he just asked me to come over and hang nothing about getting something to eat and I just got out f the water from surfing. What like I’m not going to be starving? Who isn’t hungry after going out into the water?”

“Okay I follow you. What did you bring?” Terra asked.

“I brought stuff to make spaghetti and I cooked it up and even made some garlic toast. All the guys that live there were watching the game. I couldn’t talk to them since it was the play offs and I know no matter how interesting I am, I can’t compete with that. Plus they really hate in when women talk and interrupt the game. I made food and pretty much sat there and ate by myself.”

“That totally stinks. What did Trent do?” Terra said sympathetically.

“He ate the spaghetti I made. They all did. He didn’t sit next to me or anything or talk to me during commercials. I got so bored and thought. I could be at home listening to jazz and reading a book. So I left. Even the sight of all those guys in board shorts wasn’t attractive anymore.” Mary said with a sigh.

“Was he just tired from Surfing and just into the game? Really that stinks though. Even a dog will give you a kiss. They don’t have the manners God gave a dog!”

“I guess so. It still stunk. There was one good thing.” Mary said.

“Really what was that?”

“All the beer cans and bottles. They didn’t want it so I took it all and filled up my car. I had enough money after wards to get myself a manicure and pedicure!” She smiled and looked down at her feet again.

1 comment:

JenniiDD said...

ah mani pedi, everything is better : ) super cute!