Thursday, September 3, 2009

Events

There is so much to do around town it can be hard to figure out which events you want to enjoy. This last weekend was no exception. There was Liza, at the Hollywood bowl, other concerts, and films. We went to the last weekend of the Sawdust festival.

As a child I was taken to all the art festival events in Laguna. With the exception of the “Pageant of the Masters” I have done it all. The Sawdust has become my favorite. There is some artist’s work that I only see there and I go every year to see what they have done next.

Like writers these artist work in a studio with just their thoughts and inspiration. Which is great don’t get me wrong, it just can be a bit lonely. If you are not a performance artist, you don’t get to hear how much people like you work and you don’t get that imitate feed-back. Meeting one of my favorite artists over the weekend, I had to admit I gushed. Not that I cared, I know how important to hear the people like my work. I know it’s the same for him.

On Sunday I had a performance and it was attended by one of my girlfriends. It had been a challenge for me to work with a live band. I hope I did a good job; they gave me about a two minute song. For the second act I closed the show with some recorded music. I did get some applause; I don’t think all in the crowd was into it. This is a risk you take when you get on stage.

In all it was a successful night and I am glad I worked on my dances as much as I have. In the last few weeks I have lost 6 pounds. I still have my goal I’m working towards. When I make my goal I’m going to treat myself to a facial or other beauty treatment. Nothing that involves calories, we can’t always think of food as a reward.

Sure not all our weekends are eventful. Sometimes it’s just nice to have a low-key weekend and just stay home, get things done around the house and then relax after a good meal. Some don’t like to be out in a crowd that often they preference is to stay home and only once in awhile go out to a local spot. However we spend our weekends, whatever events we enjoy, at least we have our friends to share it with.

No comments: