Thursday, May 7, 2009

Big day out


Saturday we had a great time and took advantage of living in So Cal. First we put out chickens into their new coop. They were happy and have a nice perch to use and a hutch to sleep in as well.

I cooked up a nice brunch; eggs cheese blintzes and banana, along with champagne. Then it was off to Disneyland. We had not been there in a few years; it was time to go again. The Pirates were down, which was a bummer. One of my favorites, not to worry tea cups were still running. This ride always makes me giggle.

There is some good shopping to be had, and not just the hats. We stopped by the estate jewelry store in New Orleans Square. I tried on a 1920’s flapper ring. Diamonds set in platinum with emeralds. It was a bit over priced, but so gorgeous! I was able to get some Tara Tarintino handbags. One evening bag and one big structured number, both were in leopard print and soft.

After that I was tired, but no rest for the weary. It was time to go home change and then go up to Hollywood for an art opening/ book signing. Betty Page, Heaven bound was the theme. I have met Olivia before at comic con and had her sign things for me. This was no exception and she was as accommodating as ever.

The crowd was what I expected; I knew I had gotten to the right spot when I saw a line of girls dressed to the nines outside. It took a while, but when we got inside there was Superman and Dracula. Some of the ‘girls’ were tall and wore huge heels, which made them tower above the rest.

While in line to get drinks a woman came up and started talking to me out of the blue. It wasn’t a wonder since I was almost to the front and she just took cuts. Her opening line, “Would you like a sip of rum while you wait?” showing me her flask. Okay, rule one from Kindergarten, Don’t take things from strangers! I politely declined her offer. We did chat about silly things and remarked about how crowed it was.

This is one of the few days I have been able to indulge my inner child and then go off and do more mature things in the evening. I guess that is what made it so special, that and sharing it with someone else. I am glad I didn’t miss out on either event. The Olivia event was defiantly the E-ticket!

No comments: