Friday, January 11, 2008

Same old, Same old

After I graduated High School I went into a funk. I entered a City College and that was nice. The teachers no longer treated you like a child and it was no up to you to sink or swim. That was a refreshing change and that made me happy. But in all it is disappointing to enter into the real world. It’s never exciting to come to terms with a ‘normal life’.

As the years have gone by and I have a very scheduled life so it may be tempting to tell people that I am doing the “same old thing”. What is that any way?

For me it this: wake up shower and have only one cup of coffee. (Too much caffeine dries out the skin and can make you edgy; as well it can give you female problems later in life.) At work I have herbal tea and a scone or a protein bar. In the afternoon, I might have a soda, but more often than not, some mineral water.

I have been trying to have my big meal be lunch and a lighter dinner and no eating after 7pm. I know that’s hard when you have a lot of home-work and are up late, try some veggies like apples or carrots. Since I sit at my desk quite a bit, I work out to four times a week, on Monday I do two classes back to back Belly dancing and Pilate’s and Sunday I try to take my board out.

I use my eye creams and face wash twice a day. Once a week I will do my Biore noise strips and maybe a mask and scrub with my sugar exfolant on my feet and other rough spots. I wish I had the time and money to get a regular manicure, but once a month is the most I can manage. I don’t get that every month either.

On Monday afternoons I cook for the week and make several meals at a time. That way I can just open the fridge, and see what I want and warm it up and eat. It prevents going out for fast food. I take my lunch to work and eat what I have cooked. I should be skinner with all the work-outs, not eating after 7 is a new thing. I will let you know how that goes. I have my paper work in the office to do, as well as getting scooter parts and I also write these blogs, soon I will start my screen-play.

It may seem like too much and too scheduled for you. I find it works for me and I get a lot done since I am not wasting time cooking every night and going to the store or to get fast food. I don’t mind staying at home as long as I have something good to eat. It’s okay I’m a good cook.

In the evenings after my work out I do watch TV, but not always. I do read a lot and right now I have a litter of pups to take care of. Next Monday it starts again and I will be doing my “Same old” once again. :-)

1 comment:

JenniiDD said...

Yeah, that’s to scheduled for me, but I bet you get a lot more done then I do…