Friday, July 8, 2011

Change

It seems that change is supposed to be good, we should change how we think and do things. It sounds great, but do people really change?

This woman I work with had surgery this year and she said it helped he to eat better, take better care of herself and gave her a whole new out look. Wow, that would be great, if it were true. In truth, she is very negative, one of those people that always says the worst things. She always talks about gross medical procedures and freak accidents. None of which are up-beat, or positive.

She also steals sales and the pretends she doesn't. We have a sales book, which she looks at, checking others sales and gets mad when some one else is doing better than she is. While she has been bringing her home made lunches to work to save money, that is something a lot of us do and is not that big of a deal. It seems the more she talks the more we find out that she still is very competitive, just like she was before she had her procedure.

A few weeks ago on a Sunday there was a customer that was purchasing a huge order of products. Rather than hog all the sales to herself, an other sales girl on my team shared it. There was no reason to be greedy, there was plenty of commission to be made by all of us. Four of us helped out and shared the sales. I gave that girl a jar of my home made jam and some eggs to thank her.

The 1st woman I am talking about was not working that day, she was so insanely jealous of our good sales, when she found out. She would not have shared with us. The other day I was again working with the nice girl and I shared my good sales with her, since she had done the same. That is team work, the other way, not so much. My question is, where is that great positive, life changing out look the 1st woman is supposed to have?

While I don't see any evidence of that, and neither do any of my co-workers, change is a nice concept. As long as you can really get it to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good for you. keep shining. i avoid and walk away from negative people. i cannot abide. keep your good juju vibe going.