Friday, March 18, 2011

Trying

In the last month I have started a new job, this has had its ups and downs. While I am grateful to have a job. I keep reading how the worst places to get a job are in my own back yard. I have to remind myself of that when I want to hit people over the head, when they are being annoying.

The other thing that has been helping is having the paycheck. I have bought myself some fun boots and some work shoes. I don't have to ask my man for money to get my nails done, since I have my own.

One of the other benefits, having money and days off in the middle of the week to have lunch with my girlfriends. I connected with one earlier this week, it felt really great and I didn't know how much I had missed her. Now that I have a job and I have some money, we can make this a more regular event. She even inspired me to a new project.

The other day at work I was told to go to a second sales seminar, we all were told this. It helped a lot, I had been focusing on personalities of my co-workers and things I don't like about them. In truth some of the girls are very ghetto, and I don't mean anything about their ethnicity, but the urban equivalent of being 'born in a barn'. No manners, no class.

I would be lying if I said I didn't mess around and play at work when I was 19. It was only the week my manager was on vacation. We did get loud, and I felt bad right away. The difference is that even a much older women joined in the antics, didn't stop it and there was tons of customers around. When I was 19 we just ran done the escalator and laughed loud. It wasn't a good thing, but as soon as we saw some of the other managers we straighten up.

I really don't want to be the older lady saying that the younger generation is rubbish and all, they make it too easy. Talking about how much they drank the night before and when they were constipated. Things I really don't want to know.

Instead I try to look at the things I have control of, my own customer service. I have mentioned to my friends that I do things my own way and not the company way. Still I get lots of sales. They want customers to buy everything, um I live in the real world, people are still broke. Filling up my tank yesterday and I am spending twice as much as a few years ago. Good thing my job is close to home.

In all I am trying to adjust to the new job, it is better to have a place to go to. A reason to get up and get dressed. Last year I had to deal with feeling useless and bored at home. Sure none of it is really easy, at least I can help my family.

No comments: