Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sit-com families

In TV shows there is this idea that friends will be together forever. On the show Friends, it didn't happen and it doesn't happen in real life. In the shows its hard to think that after every one has slept with each other they will still be friends.

In the past some of my girl friends have disappointed me in ways I never thought. One girl friend was so prideful and wouldn't have me question her husband. She thought he was so great and always right. She learned that he wasn't, but by that time our friendship was over. I knew it was going to end things, but I had to speak up. At that time she was just spinning out of control with her obsession over something that had happened 2 years before that. I couldn't listen anymore and by this point she was just thinking others were holding something against her husband, um no everyone else has moved on, and what if he was wrong? That is what I had to say and she flipped.

Another ended up leaving her husband and is remarried to a man that was close to her family, its like she married her uncle. I have seen this new couple, but they are so creepy. She has a father complex and wanted her father to take better care of her after her mother died. It never happened and both her husbands have been older than herself. The first was a user and thought her family was loaded and he wouldn't have to work much. That didn't happen and she didn't get the life his first wife had, going to Nordie's all the time.

I used to be so close to these two, but they freaked out and I am no longer friends with them. It makes me wonder, if I can't stand these women how do these men feel? No wonder they can't keep their marriages going they can't even be friends very well. Some days I miss them and want to give them a call. I can't there isn't that close bond anymore.

The other thing I wonder is what will I be like in ten years? What if the few friends I have are not there? I can feel that I am becoming bitter towards women. I am very careful what I say to the women at my work. I am not their buddy, I am nice but I don't tell them too much. I sit and watch them, and for the most part they are not nice and they steal sales and are tacky. For the most part I eat lunch alone, I don't care that they don't ask me to go on break with them.

Am I going to be this old woman by herself with tons of dogs and no friends? Neither of these women wanted me to be honest with them. They wanted me to go along with their daydreams and I just couldn't. I can't go along with the fairly tail of the Sit-Com's that they will be friends forever and I couldn't keep listening to them go on and on about some daydreams that aren't real. The Sit-Com families are not real, and I like to live in the real world. No wonder I am better friends with men than women, I can be blunt with them and they might get mad, but then tell me I was right to say something.

As for the future, I have been reconnecting with some of my girlfriends. One helped be my muse the other day and got me on a new writing project. I was so grateful to her and burst out into tears, I didn't know how much I needed to talk to her. I don't want to be a bitter old woman with no friends. Of course I will have to learn French so when I retire to the south of France I can still have friends.

No comments: