Thursday, February 10, 2011

New List

This week I have been doing some boring work on the computer. To help me get through it I have been playing DJ or VJ on You Tube.

Its been a trip down memory lane for sure, but not a pining for youth. It just reminded me of the 80s and how all the bands really were trying for something new and differ ant and not something just marketable. I remember at the time a boy in my class yelling at me that none of the punk bands or alternative bands ever won a Grammy, to which I said "No and they wouldn't want one either."

I am glad to be an adult and I don't want to go back to being a teenager, when I couldn't buy beer and go out at night. I have done a lot as an adult and I don't want to go back, I just loved that time in my life and listening to the radio with all these wonderful bands.

It is also fun to see how much I remember the lyrics and the intonations of the singers voices. Some I haven't listened to in years. It makes me happy. I get that feeling I had when I was young and anything seemed possible. Its better now since I don't have my mother telling me I can't go out or have those albums.

Its has been great and while I live in this century and am not stuck in the 80s, its fun to visit and I have a huge new list of songs that need to go onto my Ipod. There is nothing like some great music to cheer me up every once in a while.

No comments: