Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dreaming

There are certain things I dream about, some are my goals for my writing and others are travel dreams.

This week I was once again a guest at a great hotel in Down Town LA. It felt like I was still dreaming as I woke up and was able to enjoy my surroundings. The staff was quite nice and so attentive as I had my breakfast. It was a great buffet and I was sure to have some fresh fruit and yogurt along with my juice and coffee.

The other delight I had was being so close to the LA Library. I had never been there and as a book lover, what better place to be? I could spend years there. They also had a small gift store and I wanted to buy up all the cute things and other books. I could have spent a lot of money there. I had to hold back.

It was not easy to tear myself away from book heaven, but I did. That was only so I could go to another great spot. I hiked up Grand to MOCA. It was getting late, I did not have time to tour the installation. I went to their gift shop and had fun, again holding back from buying huge art books. Not just for the cost but for the weight and not wanting to drag it down the hill to my hotel.

Later I again swam in the pool, the last time the morning before we left. That night I was treated to so sushi at a local hot spot. Again, was I dreaming? All this because my man was working long hours down town and his boss treated us. Still I have to say it was really great for a girl with out a job.

I woke up this morning not in the lap of luxury, but in my own bed. With a list of chores ahead of me, no more dreaming. Still happy from my vacation of sorts, and the few goodies I picked up along the way. Some of my dreams have come true, and I have still grander dreams to keep me going.

No comments: