Thursday, December 30, 2010

Eve

This last month has been really hectic for me, what with long hours of work and getting ready for surgery.

Last night on the Eve of my surgery I went to a Koren bath house. Very new experience for me. It wasn't all the nakedness, just that it was all one race. Yes I was the only brown girl in the place.

I had booked a scrub and a massage. I knew going in the scrub would hurt but I was not prepared. They used this gloves that have ruff sides to them. Being vigorously scrubbed but these things took 'Beauty is Pain' to a whole new level. At points I could have screamed. Seeing all the dead skin they took of was some reward. Being able to endure it took some deep breathing and closed eyes.

After that I was slathered in baby oil and given a great massage. I was given no sympathy in the mention of the hot towels being too hot. She just laughed, "Oh too hot too hot," and patted me on the shoulder and went on with her work.

The table I was on was covered in a thick clear plastic. At the baby oil point I felt like I had to hold on to the sides so as not to slip off. Every nook and cranny had been scrubbed and then oiled. I can say my skin has never felt this soft in years. It did help me take my mind off my worries. Post Script, small breasts can sag, which I didn't know. Awkward moment, having my masseuse try to give me a friendly hug when she is in a bra and underwear and I am stark naked.

I don't know if I can handle the scrub again. It did hurt. What ever you are doing this week, try one new thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks. new experiences are good. best of luck and speedy recovery.