Friday, October 22, 2010

Rainy days

Yes its that time of year and I couldn't be happier. Sure summer is gone, just as winter will pass.

It wasn't that hot of a summer this year. There were some days that were really hot. We had record breaking heat and then rain. Go figure. Not that I am complaining. I am just happy to be alive and experience it all.

For now I am happy for cook up a storm and make my favorite soups and cornbread. I am looking forward to baking some pies and other things in the oven. I am happy to wear a sweater and can't wait for it to be cold enough to wear a coat.

I have bought some new tights at TJMAXX and have been about to wear them. A friend asked me where I get my thigh highs the other day. We are not that close and I don't want to give out all my tips for shopping. Sometimes people need to do their own leg work. Plus I don't think she would like to drive around as much as I do.

All the good fabrics are hot ones, and that is why most of the time SoCal people dress in t-shirts and jeans. Its doesn't get cold enough for a wool suit, or long over coat, things that are more dressy. The American Natives that lived in Malibu area wore nothing but a thong and sandals most of the year, only putting on a rain poncho during winter.

Rainy days make me happy, I don't have to water the lawn or wash the car, it all gets done for me. My dogs are not happy and they need a walk, they get bored. For now its staying in and eating my home made meals.

No comments: