Thursday, January 15, 2009

False Alarm

With my dogs I kept thinking that Middy was expecting. It turned out to be a false alarm. I am so glad. While puppies are great and I would have found good homes for them, really didn’t want her to have puppies.

Now that I don’t have to worry about that I can get back to other things in my life. My belly dancing is taking a turn. There was a performance last Sunday in Long Beach and there will be another in March at the same place.

The first dance didn’t go so well. This time my beaded belt didn’t want to stay on. My teacher was at the performance and helped pin me back into my outfit and I was able to finish my dance. The second dance went much more smoothly and the outfit cooperated and I was able to concentrate on my dancing. The song was long and by the end I was getting tired, I was so glad when it ended. The next time I will do a dance with my teacher, which will be a lot, less pressure than everyone looking at just myself.

It was great to see my friends show their support by coming to my performance. I was all at once happy and scared. I was happy they were there, so I wasn’t some friend-less dork. At the same time, if I really messed up, they would be there to see that. I wanted to do more things, tricks if you will. The belt misshape threw me and I forgot what I had planned to do. During the second dance I was just trying to keep up and forget that everyone was watching and dance as if I was alone in the living room. It seemed to work.
I had more turns planned but the rug under my feet kept grabbing on to my ballet shoes and it made turning almost impossible.

If my dog had puppies they would have only been three weeks old on the night I went to dance and I wouldn’t want to leave them alone all evening. I wouldn’t have had the freedom to use up the living room to practice as well. Since it turned out that she didn’t I have the freedom to do other things that just baby sit puppies and worry about them and change towels. I love my dogs and have a great time with them, but there are other things I want to do with my time. Now I am able to, since it was only a false alarm.

No comments: