Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fun

Everyone has a different idea of what is fun. Some like to go on roller coasters or ride a bicycle or drive their motorcycle. I like being on my surfboard and that is fun for me. I also love riding my Vespa.

Not that sitting at the beach with a good book and sunlight is fun as well. I enjoy going to Monster Trucks as much as I like going to the symphony. Different evenings, yes, but both are fun. Each for very different reasons, I just try to have fun no matter what happens.

Last weekend I attended Comic-con down in San Diego. Now there is a group that has a different idea of fun. Since I grew up in the 80’s I am no stranger to Goth kids or Club Kids going out in full regalia. I just had not thought about seeing all of them at once, in the day light with lots of children around. I suppose that did not think about the fact that when they are hanging out in the mall they get used to kids being around them.

One thing that stuck me was that in the evening, I could find none of these kids. There were hundreds of them running around all day, where did they go? I asked a friend who has been to these before. She said they all go back to their hotels and ‘party’ and play video games or D and D all night.

Wow, so that and a six pack of Zima and they had a rockin' night. If that is fun for that crowd, then good for them. Some of us want to go dancing or concerts, but that is just us.

Everyone needs their own definition of fun, we can’t be too harsh on others ideas of fun. Okay a little bit, but not much.

No comments: