Thursday, July 17, 2008

Friends

There is something to be said about being a good friend. I have found out the hard way that some people that I thought were friends have turned out to be back stabbers and thieves.

It has been happening over the last few years and I can say I am thoroughly disgusted with these people. The husband smiled and pretended to like us when his aim was to steal from us.

The wife is not without guilt as well, she made it clear that she didn’t respect him unless he could bring in huge amounts of money. His motivation was to gain her respect. That doesn’t excuse his conduct. He now tries to blame everyone else, even his victims. It makes no sense. That’s the whole point, he tries to convince every one of his innocence and it never adds up, since it is not the truth. The only thing I can figure is that he has to keep up the lie so his wife doesn’t find out the truth.

I would never do any of this, but it is always the way it ends up. The one trying to be a good friend never thinks that the other one will sell them out. The one trying to take advantage of the other is counting on the fact that the innocent one will be too good to return the evilthat was done. It had taken time for all of this to happen and it leaves you feeling helpless and sad and sorry for believing you were friends at all.

There are other things that come out of this, what will you do? Sue, them or let it go? The letting go is hard, since you feel like the sucker. Suing can take years and when it’s all over you might not be better off. How do you deal with the pain the other person has caused you?

I don’t know about the suing part just yet. The pain part has caused me to work harder to keep my mind on good things and not just focus on how evil this person has been. I have taken time to go surfing, doing something good for myself. I buy myself flowers to cheer myself up.

I can’t keep doing this though and some days all the little tricks and good intentions don’t help at all and I just feel hopeless. Those day are not easy to bear. It makes me wonder if the other party feels bad for all the pain they have caused?

At the end of the day, you should have some good friends that you can count on. It doesn’t mean you can never trust anyone, there is no reason to give up on people. If bad things happen, it doesn't mean it's hopeless. Good friend’s are great, even if it’s just a few of them.

No comments: