Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Great day

Yesterday I had a great day. It was my plan to make tamales and I did that. When I put them to steam I was able to rest a bit in the living room and I thought, this is nice.

I love making food and sharing it with others. It was nice to have all my dogs in the house and they were happy and sleeping. That's one of the great things in life. It was nice to have a break from my work and be at home. Sure its been cold and windy, which made staying home nice.

I have already received some good reviews on my food. Which makes it so much more rewarding. The things I have learned in this depression, is that home made goodies really mean more. While its true I work at the mall, those things that are mass produced mean less than baking or cooking for people.

It doesn't have to be just this time of year. I have been making jam and giving it out in the summer. I made some cookies and gave those out and now the tamales. I am done. Why not share what you have? Since I can get samples I give those to friends and my man takes them to his work and gives them out. This has been going on for months.

All this is a way to get away from all the negativity at work. There have been a couple of women that have been horrid to me. They do not get any of my cookies or tamales. I like finding ways to share and give, if people are nice to me, I will be nice to them.

The same goes for my family. Since they have not been nice to me then I have no reason to be nice to them. I recently found out my mother talks about me, as if we talk every week. In reality we have not spoken in 10 years. This may have gotten back to her, now she is mad. Well if she wasn't a user and didn't always want money and for me to steal from my man and not tell him, then maybe we would be close. At least the person she complained to knows me, and knows she is crazy.

In my little world, I can be happy with helping others and giving my friends gifts. It makes me feel good and I have a great day.

No comments: