Thursday, September 29, 2011

Forward

I have been back at my job for three weeks and other than trying to catch my breath, there hasn't been much going on. I keep walking my dogs and taking care of my chickens. Something I don't want to give up, is my time with my pets.

It is difficult to be in an all female work environment. Its not my favorite. A few years back a comic joked that women exaggerate their problems at work. Their co-workers were out to destroy them, and it was silly. He also said that their is one woman at their work that women can't stand.

It may seem that they exaggerate and it made for a good act. I laughed at it as well. Until this week, when I found out one of my co-workers was trying to have her rival fired. She was trying to accuse her of steeling sales. Funny, that is something she does. Instead of working hard, she figured if she got rid of the other sales girl she would get all the sales. Goodness.

I have tried my best to stay out of the fray and not ask too many questions about what happened. As I came back from the stock room, I walked in on the conversation and heard about it. Other than saying I was sorry to hear about that, I have not gone around talking to others at work about this. Its over and there is no need to keep talking about it.

It is scary to think that some one would do this, and I now have to watch my own back. In the mean time, I keep my head down and look after myself. That's the thing, yes people at work can be childish and all. We have to deal with it and then we have to let it go.

Since I stand to make some good commission, I hope to start a savings with it. In taking care of myself I need to plan for my future. Whatever happens at work with these women, it can't stop me from moving forward with my own plans. Today my dogs are walked, my chickens have food and water and some fruit. They are all happy and quite now.

No comments: