Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanks

This last year has not been that great for me, and while I am doing better at the end of the year and not at the start, there are things to be grateful for.

Do we really need a holiday to make us think about this? Even when I was not feeling great, I would stop and list the things I still could be thankful for. One has been that I still have a roof over my head. Not everyone has that, in fact and L.A. Mission was handing out tarps to the homeless this week.

My chickens and the eggs they give me also make me happy. I am amazed at the chickens, they have personalities and likes and dislikes. I would never have guessed with such a little brain. They make me happy and having to check them everyday has given me a routine I needed. We have a few more now and they are getting bigger each day.

I still have a lot of the same goals as I have had in the past. I am glad I still have good health to keep working towards them. My friends have also been a comfort during trying times.

The summer brought the Farmers Market and beer garden, since I wasn't working I could get the same good spot every Thursday at 4pm. So much so that the other regulars waited for me and even kept an eye out if I was running late.

Some of the time this year I have been too blue and didn't write a blog, since all was going to do was whine and moan about, whatever. That would not be that much fun to read. While it is great if you love your family and want to spend time with them, have a great time. As for me, I am grateful for the fact that my man doesn't watch Football of any kind and today we can watch movies and eat and relax.

No comments: