Thursday, July 15, 2010

Staying In

In the last few years I have offten said that I don't mind staying in, as long as I have something interesting to eat. Sure we all have to cut back, but that doesn't mean I have tons of Mac and Cheese in my cupboard.

This last weekend I made Strawberry Jam and Oven dried tomatoes. The jam I have been using as a filling in crepes. I did break that up with some Nuttella today. We are meeting our friends at the Beer garden today for more food and drink.

The last few weekends we did go out, and went to the Hollywood Forever Cemetery for movie screenings. Everyone brings picnic dinners. We brought along some smoked chicken and Salmon with cream cheese and french bread. We would have had the same if we were at home. It doesn't cost a fortune, just some smart shopping and a little time, to pack it up.

This weekend we will go to the Symphony and an other picnic dinner. I have the sparkling wine already and some red wine, which will go great with chocolate. The Sparkling wine will go well with the chicken panini's. There are lost of free concerts in city's in the summer. Grab some chardonnay and some chicken salad sandwiches and get out there. We have been staying in too long. The rest of the week when I again have to stay in, I will treat myself to home made Chocolate Martinis and crepes with my own jam. Other wise it would be too dull!

No comments: