Thursday, June 11, 2009

Relief

There are stressful situations that we all have to go through. Sometimes it’s all at once, and we don’t know what to do. Of course we talk about to our friends and try to figure out what to do next. Really the only thing to do is take care of one thing at a time.

Recently I had something come up and the only thing to do were to wait for the day I was supposed to deal with it to come. It was an appointment, and just deal with it then. Sure I had nightmares about it. It is never as bad as I image.

On that day I was prepared and it was fine. My fears were based on my own imagination and nothing more. I was so relieved to get that over with that I had to take a nap after wards.

There are other things that have been a relief lately and some justice is going to be measured out. The hard part in all of this is to be patient and see what happens.

I had a performance this last weekend and it came out pretty good. The crowd was quite and I was trying to move around more to get them interested. It made the sword I was balancing on my head almost fall off. It turned I wasn’t supposed to use a weapon (even a dull one) at this venue. Not a problem, I can use my sword another time at another place.

It was a relief to get that done as well. Not that I hadn’t practiced enough, I had made myself tired getting ready for this dance. I was as prepared as I could be. It was just the first time I had performed with a prop like this and I had been looking forward to seeing if I could handle it.

It’s not just stressful things, that when they pass is a relief. Even fun things like dancing can make us apprehensive. I do like to challenge myself and try new things in my dancing routines. It is great that my friends were there to support, that brings a bit of stress too, since I don’t want to make a fool of myself in front of them.

There are few things we can to, to prevent bad things. We can’t anticipate all the challenges that will come our way. The best we can do is take a deep breath when they come around…. All ten of them at once, then take one at a time and deal with them. After wards, sure pour yourself a good tall drink. I know we need that from time to time, as well.:-)

No comments: