Friday, February 8, 2008

Too Good

I feel too good to be at work today. I started my day at the gym, at my Pilate’s class, and even though it is a hot day, for some reason I want to go dancing or something. It must be the engergy I have from going to my class this morning.

I also had to stop by a friend’s house to drop off a present. It always feels good to do something nice for someone. Even more so when you get to see the things you picked out being appreciated! There is nothing like picking out a gift and finding out it was just right. So I did my good deed for the day as well and it isn’t even noon yet.

Okay anything else is going to be a let down, compared to what I have already done. I have work to do and I will get it done by the end of the day. I just feel too good to be at work.

I have to make some salsa for the weekend and I have to finish a few things at the house, it’s not too much to look forward to, but it’s something. I know I won’t get a chance to dance till I go to my belly dancing class on Monday.

Or maybe it is the beach that I miss, I could be out on the sand. I could be reading and working on my tan. I could be in the water and floating on my board, get out and let my feet dangle off the sides.

The summer vacations of our childhood spoil us terribly! I mean here I am a grown woman in my late 30’s and I can’t shake this feeling that I am owed days upon days of idle time and daydreams not yet envisioned.

It’s a Friday and that means nothing to me, just another evening. But right now my feet and hands won’t be still. So I’d better get going and do something productive today. I know, I have to be an adult and it stinks, and even more so on a day like today when I feel way too good to be at work.

No comments: